Summer is finally here! CultureALL has wrapped up its spring programs, but that doesn’t mean our work is ending -– in fact, we’re busier than ever! Welcome to our June 2017 Newsletter!
Click the links below to:
- Catch the highlights – and some great photos – from our Living Cultures: Brazil event last month
- Learn about – and see some great photos from – the recent Culture Day celebration at Valerius Elementary
- Find out what we’re doing to help our CultureALL Ambassadors use their power as storytellers to address important issues facing our community
- Learn how a grant from the Polk County Board of Supervisors will help us expand our programs for senior communities.
Happy Birthday to Us!
CultureALL is celebrating its 12th Birthday this month – that’s 12 years of providing transformational learning experiences that lead communities in valuing our culturally rich diversity. Since 2005 our organization has:
- Trained more than 175 CultureALL Ambassadors representing over 70 unique cultures
- Provided more than 7,500 unique cultural experiences
- Touched the lives of more than 250,000 community members of all ages.
This would not have been possible without the help of the many community partners and individuals who have generously supported our organization – people, in fact, like YOU.
Through the support provided by our many generous individuals and community partners, we are helping to improve the climate of Central Iowa schools. Students are building friendships across cultures. Teachers are gaining insights into the customs and traditions of students and parents. People of many different ages and cultures are coming together to mix, mingle, and build community.
At our Brazil event, a woman whose family immigrated to Iowa from Ukraine told us that this was the first event she had attended in Des Moines where she had seen people from so many cultures socializing so comfortably and joyfully. For the first time, she said, she truly felt like she belonged here.
Please consider helping us celebrate our birthday by making a gift or pledge through the Principal Charity Classic’s Birdies for Charity program this month. By donating now, your gift will not only help support CultureALL’s school programs in the coming year, but also will have extra value: every dollar raised is eligible for a 10% matching contribution from Birdies for Charity.
To learn more about how you can help us through the Principal Charity Classic, click here.
Hope your summer is off to a great start!
(Photo Credits: The birthday cake photo, taken at CultureALL’s 10th Anniversary Celebration, is by Eric Salmon. The photo of the class at Valerius Elementary is by Ryan Morrison. Click here for more photos and to learn more about our recent Culture Day at Valerius)