Happy New Year from CultureALL!
New Year’s is a time to reflect on past blessings and embrace change. For CultureALL, that means launching new programs, meeting new people, and planning for the future. Here’s what’s new in our corner of the world in January 2017:
- Learn about our new program on Superstitions and Rituals at Metro West Learning Academy
- Get to know Julio and Holly – our CultureALL Ambassadors from Brazil who will be performing at the Brazilian Ball
- Meet CultureALL Board Member Marcia Wanamaker – featured this month in WOW Magazine
- Find out about our recent Africa Day program at Hillside Elementary
- Funding Update: Find out who else in the community is supporting CultureALL
Subscribe to This Newsletter
Want to be the first to know when this newsletter goes online? Get the e-mail summary in your inbox by subscribing to our mailing list:
The Lunar New Year
In America, we have already finished celebrating, but in China, Vietnam, Korea, and other Asian countries, they are just getting started. The Lunar New Year (also called Chinese New Year) begins this year on January 28. The celebration lasts fifteen days, and customs include putting up decorations, visiting friends and relatives, offering sacrifices to ancestors, lighting lanterns, and releasing them into the sky or floating them across a body of water – and lots of fireworks!
Want to learn more about the Lunar New Year Celebration? Consider booking one of these CultureALL workshops:
To find out more or book a workshop, fill out a Contact form, or call us at 515-273-8569.