This year on Tuesday, November 28, CultureALL is again participating in GivingTuesday – a global day dedicated to giving.
We have two days for getting deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On #GivingTuesday, we have a day for giving back. #GivingTuesday is the opening day of the giving season: a reminder of the “reason for the season.”
Last year, millions of people in all 50 states and 98 countries came together to support and champion the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live. Over $177 million was raised online to benefit a tremendously broad range of organizations, and much more was given in volunteer hours, donations of food and clothing, and acts of kindness. We invite you to join the movement and to help get out and give this November 28!
How You Can Support CultureALL This #Giving Tuesday
CultureALL has set a goal to raise at least $10,000 before December 31. We’re launching our end-of-year giving campaign on #GivingTuesday and here’s how YOU can help:
- Like this post – and share it with your friends
- If you haven’t already, Like Us on Facebook and/or Follow Us on Twitter
- Like/Favorite and Share/Re-Tweet our #GivingTuesday posts with your network and tell them
- Review us on Great Nonprofits.org – it helps us get more donations!
- Make a Tax-Deductible Donation to our #CultureALLConnects #GivingTuesday campaign.
Double The Value Of Your Donation
This year, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is offering to match any donations raised through Facebook’s charitable giving tools on #GivingTuesday up to $50,000 per non-profit. Make your contribution through the Donate button on our Facebook page or any of any of our special #GivingTuesday posts and the Gates Foundation will match your contribution. The match starts at 7 am Central Standard Time (8am Eastern, 5am Pacific) and Facebook will be waving all processing fees. That means that more of your donation will go directly to the organization. You can also use Facebook’s fundraising tools to host your own mini-fundraiser for CultureALL on Facebook – and the Gates Foundation will match whatever you raise.
Share Your Story
If you can’t afford to make a contribution – or have already made one – you can make an impact by letting the community know why CultureALL’s work in the community is worth supporting. You can do this by:
- Share your thoughts on social media, using the the hashtags #CultureALLConnects and #GivingTuesday
- Click here to send us your your story and we’ll share it for you
- Post an #UNselfie on social media to tell people why you support CultureALL. (Download our UNSelfie_Toolkit_2017)
Other Ways to Get Involved on #GivingTuesday
Other ways you can support the #GivingTuesday movement include:
- Get your workplace and local government officials, nonprofits, and small businesses involved in #GivingTuesday. Encourage them to officially sign up as partners on the #GivingTuesday website (www.givingtuesday.org) and to organize a campaign that promotes a cause or charity that is meaningful to them.
- Help spread the word about #GivingTuesday. Join the email list by visiting www.givingtuesday.org/join to receive updates, event invitations, and the latest graphics and tools to share on your social channels.
- Use the hashtag #GivingTuesday to talk about charity and the causes and organizations you support.
There are many ways to get involved in #GivingTuesday. Visit the #GivingTuesday website to learn more about how you can make a difference.
(Header Photo: CultureALL Board Member Carol Grant shows off her #UNSelfie. Photos in this article are by our friend Eric Salmon.)