Today is #GivingTuesday, and CultureALL is kicking off our #CultureALLConnects end-of-year campaign by showing you how #CultureALLConnects kids to culture – and to each other – through our programs.
We’re asking YOU to help us meet our goal to raise at least $5,000 before midnight on Tuesday, November 28. Our newest Community Partner – EMC Insurance Foundation – has pledged $2,500 to help us towards this goal. Will you help us match it?
Check out this video to see how a CultureALL after school program helped a little girl named Lia who was struggling to fit in at her new school:
The Girl In the Pink Parka
Lia’s story comes to us from our Program Director Stacey Kimberlin. It was Stacey who first noticed Lia, dubbing her “The Girl In The Pink Parka” because she wouldn’t take her puffy pink coat off in class. Learn more about Lia’s story – and make your tax-deductible contribution to our #CultureALLConnects year-end campaign – on our secure donation page at Network for Good:
The #CultureALLConnects campaign is all about showing you how your contributions are helping CultureALL bring people together to create connections. A huge part of our work involves K-12 students. When kids see that their culture is valued at school, they feel better about school. They are more engaged, more capable of communicating and forming relationships with kids from other cultures, and and more likely to remain in school. That helps keep them on the path to high school graduation and greater success as members of a global community.
How You Can Help CultureALL This #Giving Tuesday
Much of the activity on #GivingTuesday happens through social media. and here’s how YOU can help:
- Like this article– and share it with your friends using the share buttons at the bottom of this page
- If you haven’t already, Like/Follow Us on Facebook and/or Follow Us on Twitter and/or Instagram
- Like/Favorite and Share/Re-Tweet our #GivingTuesday posts with your network and encourage them to support us
- Set up a Mini-Fundraiser on Facebook to support the #CultureALLConnects campaign (Learn How Here),
Double the Value of Your Donation On Facebook
You can also donate using the Donation button on CultureALL’s Facebook Page, or via Donation buttons you see on select posts from our page. Like our page on Facebook to get started. All donations made through Facebook on #GivingTuesday this year will be matched by a contribution from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. (The match starts at 7am CST.)
Share Your Story
If you can’t afford to make a contribution – or have already made one – you can still make an impact by letting the community know why CultureALL’s work in the community is worth supporting. You can do this by:
- Share your thoughts on social media, using the the hashtags #CultureALLConnects and #GivingTuesday
- Click here to send us your your story and we’ll share it for you
- Post an #UNselfie on social media to tell people why you support CultureALL. (Download our UNSelfie_Toolkit_2017)
Other Ways to Donate
To learn more about other ways to make a contribution – like using PayPal or sending us a check – click here to visit our Donate page.